Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow day

I grew up in the Midwest, in the snowbelt on the east side of Cleveland, so the idea of a snow day isn't new to me. I lived in Chicago for eight years so wind and cold aren't a big deal. But I live in NYC now and the winters are supposed to be mild, a small amount of snowfall each year, temps in the 30s, basically - tolerable. I don't know why Mother Nature is so pissed off this year, but she's giving us a beating! We got another 19" last night. I live close to the subway and my office is close to the subway, so technically I could have made it into work, but it was easier to "work from home" and stay in my cozy clothes and watch the snow from inside. So that's what I'm doing...and maybe a little blogging in between working:)

I haven't posted in a while because I don't have a whole lot to say. My life has been comfortably quiet. And the things I do have to say are random and scattered, so I think a list will be best.

• In addition to my full time job I do freelance work. I haven't had much work since October, but my biggest client just gave me a new project that will take the next couple of months. The money will be good, but it will mean my lazy evenings and weekends spent lounging around are coming to an end.

• All is good with the Woowoo. I had another weekly ultrasound on Tuesday (7w3d) and the heartbeat was up to 150bpm and my bloodwork was great. I have one more u/s with the Doc this upcoming Tuesday then he's going to release me to my gyn (woohoo!). Which brings me to another point...

• I feel like an idiot for even admitting this, but apparently my gyn doesn't deliver babies. I don't know how I never knew this but it makes sense since if I really think about it. I'd never seen a pregnant woman in her office, she is a solo practitioner, there aren't any "mommy" magazines around the office, etc. I called today to make my first appointment with her and the receptionist told me she was on vacation until next week and then she would call me back and give me a baby doc referral. I did a little research on my own and found two practices associated with Cor.nell that I'm going to consider as well. If any NY bloggers have recommendations for a good baby doc associated with either Cor.nell or NYU hospitals I welcome them!

• I've been very fortunate to have minimal symptoms. I've only had a few days of mild nausea (and it usually hits in the early evening, thankfully not at work). But inteasd of morning sickness, I have been plagued with horrible indigestion...again, mostly in the evenings. The only thing that seems to relieve it is excessive burping. I swear its sounds like a frat house in my apartment some nights! The exhaustion comes and goes but the hunger seems to always be around. I want to eat constantly which might be contributing to the little buldge I have going on! I haven't gained any weight but some of my pants are definitely tight. I know it's too early to show so I can only attribute it to my food intake or the indigestion. I'm definitely not complaining...I do know how blessed I am to even be pregnant!

• The cysts are still hanging around which is really annoying me. Despite the crappy weather, Hubby and I have been going out to the park a couple times a week so he can run and I can walk. I really, really want to run with him but I'm being good and following the Doc's orders.

• In other workout news, I interviewed two pre-natal trainers over the last week and think I'm going to hire one of them to work with me once a week. He's fantastic, has vast amounts of experience with pre- and post-natal training and will come to my apartment! I've continued my swimming, elliptical and walking, but I want to incorporate some strength into my baby workouts as well as yoga, and I think he's the guy who can help me.

This post is getting too long (I'm starting to bore myself!), and I've avoided work long enough. Must get back to the grind.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on another great ultrasound! So glad to hear all is well (burps aside) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad everything is progressing and you're feeling ok. Sorry about the indigestion though...that SUCKS! I absolutely loved running in the park. Something about knowing your in NYC makes the running a little more enjoyable/bearable. :)

    Feeling much better today. Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. I left you a blog award on my page - hope you don't mind! Feel free to ignore if not your thing, but was a good way for me to ride out this winter storm - yikes!

    ReplyDelete