Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Graduation and an award!

Yesterday was my last appointment with my RE. He released me to my ob-gyn (still have yet to actually find one!) at 8w3d. It was bittersweet. I'm so thankful this pregnancy has progressed without any major problems, but also nervous to not have my weekly blood draws and u/s. He also told me I could stop the Endometrin suppositories. I'm not going to miss the nastiness of those, but I will miss the reassurance I got every time I put one in and saw no spotting (sorry, TMI).

I want to thank Mrs. Brightside for my very first blogger award:) I still feel too new to the blog world to get an award, but I'm honored!

Here are the rules:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
2. Share seven things about yourself
3. Award to recent discovered bloggers
4. Make sure and contact the bloggers and make them aware of the award

So, here goes...seven things about myself:
1. I was born in Michigan where both my parents grew up. My dad was a die-hard U of M football fan. The day my mom was ready to come from the hospital with me was New Year's Day and Michigan was in the Rose Bowl. My dad made her wait until half time to pick her up. Thankfully she was just as big of a football fan so she didn't hold it against him:)

2. I have only had two surgeries in my life. The first was when I was six months old and I had a tumor on my neck the size of an orange that had to be removed. The second was my senior year in college when my lung collapsed and they had to insert a chest tube for a week to "reinflate" it (actually they drained it of the fluid that leaked in).

3. I am a shameless "The Real House.wives of..." addict, except for the Atlanta series. I religiously DVR and watch all the others, including the reunion shows which are the best part!

4. I am an only child. Some people think that makes me spoiled, some people feel sorry for me. Honestly, I loved my childhood. My parents were always very good about letting me bring friends on vacations or anytime they thought I would want someone around other than them. Yes, I guess I am a little spoiled. Most of the time, I would get what I wanted, but it was also within reason. My parents were generous, but weren't excessive with their generosity. I thank them for that today, because I really value all that I have.

5. I met my husband on my first day of college, but we didn't start dating until three years later. We knew each other and hung out with the same people, but never realized there was a spark.

6. Believe it or not, I really don't like to talk about myself (I know, I know...then why the hell did I start a blog about myself?!?!). Needless to say, it's making this award really difficult to complete.

7. Even though I'm only 8 weeks into this pregnancy, I have to say the best thing are my new, HUGE boobs! I can't stop staring at them in the mirror. I've always been a consistent "B" girl (maybe even a little on the small B side), but now I'm more than filling out a "C". Hubby is loving it too!

I'm guessing these bloggers have already been tagged with this award, but they are new to my blogroll so I thought I would tag them again. I've really enjoyed following their journeys the last few weeks/months.
Uneggsplained Infertility
Allison's Wonderland (she was just tagged recently, so see her recent post Award & Telling & Stuff)

So that's it in my fairytale world these days. Wish me luck as I continue my ob-gyn search. I'm starting to get a little anxious about it!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the nom!! Super huge congrats on getting released and best wishes on your OB search!!!!

    I LMAO at your "favorite part" of pregnancy... Mine seem to have sprouted some more and I found myself entranced by them this morning. Then I felt like a pervert for staring at my own boobies for so long, but is that really perverted? I finally have 'em, I wanna look at 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there - saw your comment on my blog. i'm sending you an email in a few minutes, so go check!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's because you are new that I wanted to honor you, silly! Us newbies need support :)

    Love the football story when you were born!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey thanks for the nomination- It made me feel so special! I can totally relate to #7--- I love the transformation!

    ReplyDelete