Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I could do this every day

Today was my first ultrasound and it couldn't have come soon enough. I had my first real panic attack last night to the point that I actually pulled out a POAS!

Yesterday morning when I was getting dressed I noticed that I was spilling over the top of my bra (Hubby loved this, by the way). But when I got home last night the girls were snugly back in place with no spillage. This sent me into panic mode and I started analyzing every symptom or lack of symptom I was having. Why are my boobs not as big as before? Why don't they hurt as much? Why does my back hurt? Why am I not as tired as I was last week? It drove me nuts to the point that I woke up at 4:15am and never went back to sleep. All my tossing and turning woke Hubby up. When I told him what was wrong he reached over, did a quick size check on the girls and told me I was being ridiculous. And of course I knew I was, because I had no REAL reason to think anything was wrong. I wasn't spotting or having any severe cramps.

Anyway, I was still a basket case until I was on the table in the Doc's office for my ultrasound. Once I saw the tiny little dark spot on the screen I immediately relaxed. We were able to see the gestational sac and one yolk sac (although he said there was a slim chance there could be another one in there). My numbers came back right on track - 10,082 hcg and 40 progesterone. So despite all my worrying, my little WooWoo (the nickname is a long story for another post) is doing just fine:)

There are still a few annoying cysts hanging out on the right ovary so my attempt at starting this pregnancy off on a healthy track is being sidelined. The Doc said no more running until the cysts are gone. I wasn't going crazy with the exercise, but I love cold weather running so I've been out a couple times a week. It looks like I might need to learn to love cold weather walking instead, at least for a little while.

I must say, a girl could get used to weekly ultrasounds - it's definitely a good way to calm the nerves. I go again next Tuesday when we'll hopefully hear the heartbeat, and I can't wait!! In the meantime, I'm really going to make a concerted effort to not over analyze everything and remain calm. We'll see how well that works...

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, sweet relief! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! (I had no doubt it would be a perfect appt.)

    And we're like twins. At my first u/s there was a "maybe" spot that turned out to be Baby B. And I also was rocking some big mama cysties, especially on the right ovary. They were not too painful, just freaky. They seemed to go away by about 9 weeks, my OB never even mentioned them when checking my ovaries on u/s.

    Yip yip YIP!!!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you!! Never had a doubt that you and the babe would get great news today. Big sigh of relief for you I know. Whew. :)

    ReplyDelete