Friday, January 14, 2011

A week of firsts

I've lived in NYC for three and half years. In that time I've never had a solo celebrity recognition. I've been with friends who have recognized celebrities, but I've never noticed one without someone else first telling me who it was. I just don't have that celebrity radar the way some people do. Well, on Wednesday I was walking out of my office building saw Bla.ke Liv.ely (Goss.ip Gi.rl and Siste.rhood of the Trave.ling Pa.nts) walking towards me. I was able to hold the door open for her as she entered my office building (there is a sound studio below my office so there are always celebrities going in and out, I just never see them). She was much taller than I expected, but her hair was as amazing in person as on TV. I was so excited to have had my first real, solo celebrity sighting!

Wednesday night I was getting ready for bed, taking my evening progesterone suppository and noticed some pinkish spotting. I immediately started freaking out and had a restless nights sleep while visions of what happened last time ran through my mind. Things were a little better Thursday morning with less spotting that had turned all brown. By Thursday afternoon all seemed to be good. But then Thursday night the redish/pinkish color was visible when I inserted the progesterone (sorry for TMI). This morning it was a brownish/red but still there. I'm trying not to worry about it because everything else is the same as it's been. I keep thinking this is a result of the cysties on my right side. If things get worse, I'll call the Doc and see what he says. Tuesday is the next ultrasound and it sounds sooooo far away. I was hoping for a quiet, low-key long weekend but at this rate I'm going to be a total basket case the entire time.

I had to attend a going away party for a co-worker last night. I have always been one of a small group of colleagues that goes out for happy hour a couple times a month, so I had to go for fear of raising questions. I wasn't sure how I was going to deal with the fact that I couldn't drink because it's still way to early to tell anyone from work about the WooWoo. I was surprised how easy it was. We were all seated at a big table and I snuck away to ask the waitress to order me a gin and soda with no gin. She smiled knowingly and did exactly as I asked numerous times throughout the night as the rounds kept coming. No one was the wiser, which is good, because there is a birthday celebration next week that I'll have to go to as well.

And one last first to round out the week is the beginning of some nausea. I can't really call it morning sickness because it happened at night. I was in a cab on my way home from the work party last night and thought I was going to get sick. I almost had the cabbie pull over but decided to just take a deep breath and hope it would pass. I eventually made it home, but still wasn't feeling great when I went to bed. Things seem to be settled down this morning, thankfully, and drinking my decaf green tea right now is feeling pretty good.

The week isn't over and it's already proving to be a crazy one. I really hope this trend doesn't continue into the weekend...

2 comments:

  1. I found your blog over the summer when I started fertility treatment. I've been a lurker until now. I also live in NYC and am currently 15 week. The first time I threw up was on an express bus from Staten Island. Not pleasant, luckily I had a plastic bag from a drug store purchase. I try to always have one one me now since buses get stuck in traffic and trash cans in the subway are too tall. Oh, and I once walked right into Hank Azaria, apologized, and didn't realize who it was until my husband pointed it out down the block. Best of luck with the WooWoo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the spotting - I know how heart-dropping that can be to find. But doesn't sound to me like anything you need to worry about. A little spotting can be totally normal. At least you have the comfort (discomfort?) of the nausea to reassure you that everything is going great!

    I am so impressed with your waitress! I feel like whenever I try that trick, even being so unsubtle, like, wink wink, please make it look like a cocktail, put a lime and little straw in it, etc., they give me a big stupid plastic cup that is sooo obviously not a cocktail.

    Good luck staying sane until Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete