Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Date night and a beating heart

It's not quite Valentine's Day yet, but I'm in a heart kind of mood. Maybe because I heard the WooWoo's heartbeat for the first time this morning. Yep, definitely because I heard a strong and steady heartbeat and got to see the beautiful little flicker on the screen.

Hubby kept his emotions in check until after the Doc had left the room. Once he was gone, Hubby broke out into a huge smile that just melted my heart. He's been much more guarded with his emotions for fear that something will go wrong, so it was nice to see him excited. We're both still nervous, but growing to love the WooWoo more and more every day. As for the cysts still hanging around on my ovaries...I'm growing to love those less and less every day!

We had a lovely, relaxing three-day weekend that involved a Sunday date night in Brooklyn. About once a month or so we like to get out of Manhattan and head to Brooklyn Heights or Cobble Hill to go out to dinner. This time Hubby had planned dinner and a movie after. We wandered around until we found a great little Italian restaurant with the most amazing pasta fagioli I've ever had (it was sooo salty that I was in love - salt has been my #1 craving lately).

After dinner we headed over to a small theater to see Tr.ue Gr.it (I know it's been out for a while, but we've been lazy!). Apparently everyone else in Brooklyn decided Sunday night was a good night to see a movie too. There was a line that wrapped around the building and half way down the block. We stood in it for about two minutes and then decided it was just going to be way too crowded so we strolled back to the subway and headed home. I was in my jammies and snuggled on the couch next to Hubby by 9:30pm. Honestly, I couldn't have imagined a better date night:)

2 comments:

  1. Yip yip yip!!!!!!!!!!!! The yips are for the beautiful heartbeat and the wonderful date night. You sound great my friend. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a heartbeat!! So happy for your news and excitement, even if inevitably tinged with nervousness. And I love date nights snuggled on the couch :)

    ReplyDelete