Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wow, this is real

I went in for beta #2 this morning. The office just called and my number more than doubled. I went from 307 to 627. I've been scheduled for my first ultrasound next Tuesday, 1/11/11. I'm doubtful we'll be able to hear a heartbeat then since I'll only be 5w3d so I don't think I'll bring Hubby with me. Honestly, I'm scared I won't make it to that appointment. I'm still really nervous that this all going to go away. I want to be soooo excited and relax and enjoy this, but I keep thinking about what happened last time and how quickly it all disappeared.

I've been having a lot of cramping the last couple of days with some intermittent lower back pain. The cramping has been bearable, except one point last night when it woke me up. I contemplated taking a Tylenol for it, but after about 15 minutes it went away and I fell back asleep. I asked the nurse about it and she said it's nothing to worry about unless it's accompanied by bleeding (which is hasn't been). Of course I know all this, but it's always comforting to hear it from the nurse anyway.

In other news, I ended up working at the office for 12 hours on Sunday. It was worth it - the client was very pleased with our concepts yesterday morning, which in turn made my bosses very pleased with me. The only downside is today feels like Wednesday instead of Tuesday. My head keeps telling me I've already worked two full days. I think it's going to be a l-o-n-g week!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome awesome awesome news!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS REAL!!!!! xoxo

    PS I am amazed at your ability to focus on work at a time like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got home and saw the news. What a New Year's gift! Enjoy and try not to worry too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I have a VERY cheesy tradition at 11:11 each day. We both have an alarm that goes off on our phones to remind us to make a wish and then we IM "I Wish" to each other. It's super corny but a good reminder to keep hoping for good things. The reason I tell you this is because I suspect if I make a wish that everything will go perfectly on Tuesday (1/11/11) at 11:00 it will bring extra good luck. :) I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete