Monday, November 29, 2010

Scattered

I really need to start blogging more often. I have so much to say that this post is either going to be really long or totally scattered (most likely it will be both long and scattered!)

Tomorrow will be 9dpiui. I was really good last week and over the weekend about keeping busy and not thinking about the 2ww. But of course, once I got on the train to work this morning my mind started racing. Actually, it started racing first thing this morning when my temp was up 0.3 from my 2ww norm. Hmmm... Work was nutty today and probably will be the rest of the week so that kept me off Dr. Google (thankfully). As long as I can keep busy AFTER work, I think I can survive the next few days.

Speaking of work, I posted about a job opportunity that came my way a couple weeks ago. I called my friend who offered me the job on Wednesday before Thanksgiving and broke it to him that I had to turn the job down. After a lot of thinking, calculating, planning, etc I decided the timing just isn't right for me to more than double my commute. He totally understood and promised to let me know if anything changed with the job (the future potential of working from home) and/or if there might be some freelance opportunities available. Needless to say, it was hard to say no to an additional $20k/year and the opportunity to work in a totally different, somewhat more stable industry. They say timing is everything, right?

Hubby and I were at his parents for Thanksgiving which was wonderful. I really do like his family and am always reminded of this when we get together. I was nervous about his extended family asking about our "kid" plans. Only one person asked and it was in such a nonchalant, conversational tone that it didn't even bother me. I got to spend some quality time with my two SILs. I knew my one SIL was having some issues ovulating after going off the pill a year ago. Apparently she is still having problems so I suggested she see an RE. Even though they aren't quite ready to start a family, I told her it's better to find out about any problems as early as she can. We have some bad luck running in this family, because my other SIL and hubby's brother have been TTC for about six months. She just started using OPKs and everything seems to be normal, but it just hasn't happened for them yet. It's still too early for her to panic, but come on. Three women between the ages of 30-34 having TTC challenges?!?! It's beyond frustrating – for us and for my MIL who desperately wants a grandchild.

Anyway, hubby is in London for the next three days so it's just the fat cat and me. Someone has expressed his extreme depleasure at being left alone for four days, so I have some serious kitty love to give out until hubby gets home.

1 comment:

  1. That was a huge decision, re: the job. But you seem at peace with it and sometimes you have to pass up an opp b/c the timing isn't right. It sounds like he thinks the world of you and you're on the radar for the next one.

    And heck yeah on the BBT rise, yip!!! Praying and hoping like crazy this cycle is IT for you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete