Sunday, November 21, 2010

The waiting begins

Hubby and I went for IUI #2 this morning. He was a rock star with 84 million swimmers! Let's hope I can perform just as well. I'm going to be starting Endometrin for the first time this cycle. I've heard lots of horror stories, so I'm preparing myself for the worst. It should be fun taking suppositories twice a day while at my in-laws later this week. Thankfully we get our own bathroom and don't have to share with anyone.

I usually don't have too much trouble with the first week of the 2ww. It's the second week that kills me every time. I don't think this cycle is going to be any different. The next week will probably fly by. I'll be in Pittsburgh for work Monday, then busy at the office Tuesday and half day Wednesday and home to Cleveland on Thursday. We'll come back to NY on Sunday night and the real wait will set in. I've got a few things going on the week after Turkey Day, but I doubt it will be enough to keep me from obsessing over every little twinge and twang I feel and obsessively Googling sympotms.

I know keeping myself busy is the best way to survive the dreaded 2ww, but that's not always as easy as it sounds! I welcome any tips to keep busy and how to deal with the nastiness of the progesterone supps.

4 comments:

  1. We're about a week apart! I hope both weeks wind up leading to a fairy tale ending. Those *are* some pretty awesome numbers. Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had some advice for you, but I think my last 2ww was my worst yet. I was such a neurotic mess as I approached Test Day. And I agree, it's the second week that does me in. Because by then I could sort of maybe kind of possibly be feeling something if I really was pregnant. My first IUI cycle really messed with me, bc the drugs gave me crazy sore boobs and nausea and I thought for sure I was preggo, but no dice. Make some dinner plans, load up your dvr with good shows, get all your holiday shopping done - distractions, distractions!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can be of no help with advice on distractions. I've been a Dr. Goggle mess during my 2WW. Good Luck. I will wish for the best and hope your 2WW goes by fast and ends happily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab IUI numbers, yip yip yip!!! Yeah, I'm usually really mellow for the first week then I can't help googling (my lack of) symptoms starting around 6 or 7dpiui. On the upside T'giving week will zip you thru the first half of the wait, yes? And so hoping the prog supps are just what you needed to give your little embie a bit more time to snuggle in comfortably. xoxo

    ReplyDelete