Friday, November 12, 2010

The color says it all

Growing up my mom painted her nails at the kitchen table every Sunday night. It was a ritual she had, and I loved to sit and watch her, fascinated by all the pretty colors and her perfect nails.

Thankfully her beautiful fingernail gene was passed on to me. I've got nice nails but rarely get manicures. I love pedicures but not manicures. I am such a perfectionist that I am never happy with the way someone else files and paints my fingernails. I prefer to do them myself.

I used to always wear neutral pink or beige, but recently I've noticed that my color choice has been a bit more selective. I currently have a really dark purple/black on my nails. I painted them Sunday evening, just after the arrival of AF. It wasn't a conscience decision to go with a dark, moody color, but I think it accurately reflected how I was feeling that day.

Sunday night is going to be here again soon (yay...the weekend!) which means I'll probably be repainting my nails. I'm three days into my injections and have another monitoring appointment Monday morning. I wonder what color I'll have on then?

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the blogosphere! I hope you get your fairy tale ending soon ;)

    ReplyDelete