Thursday, November 11, 2010

From the beginning

I consider myself a pretty traditional girl. I grew up an only child of two loving parents who were always very active in my life. I played sports all through school, had a lot of friends, went to a traditional state college, met my husband, moved to a big city after college and started my career. My husband and I dated for eight years before getting married then moved to New York City to continue building our careers. A few years after getting married we started trying for a family. Being the traditional girl I am, I figured we'd be pregnant a few months after trying. Nope, no such luck.

After a few rounds of Clomid with my OB/GYN I found out I was pregnant. Unfortunately it was short lived and I had a chemical pregnancy. A few more rounds of Clomid with my OB/GYN and no success, so I turned to an RE. All the usual tests for hubby and I came back with great results. We were happy with that news, but that still left us without the family we'd been trying for. We've since moved on to injectables/IUI and are contemplating IVF (our insurance doesn't cover it so it's an out-of-pocket expense). I'm hoping the injectables/IUI route will work for us. In the meantime, I'm trying to remain calm and stress-free about this whole unexplained infertility saga.

When it became apparent to me that we were facing fertility challenges I felt so alone, confused and frustrated. Of course I had my hubby to turn to, but there is only so much support he can offer. I've shared some of my struggles with my aunt and a few friends but tend to keep things pretty private. However, I think I've reached the point in this battle that I'm ready to open up and share in the incredible support system all the IF bloggers have built. I want to thank you in advance for any advice, suggestions and comments you can offer!

I've overcome a lot in my life — the biggest being the loss of both my parents. I have faith that I will overcome this as well, but there are some days that I really do wonder if I will get my fairytale ending?

*A special thanks goes out to Such A Good Egg for inspiring me to start this blog!

2 comments:

  1. You are strong and have an amazing attitude and you and hubs are an awesome team. You have been through hell and back and you will beat this, too, I know it. I am hoping so hard that THIS is your cycle. I will be following along, rooting you all the way to that BFP and beyond. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for starting a blog!! Congrats! Those sound like great reasons to jump in - and all the same reasons I just did too :)

    I am so sorry to hear what you've been through, including the loss of your parents. Is just so sad and scary and confusing, and nothing can really prepare you for it. Even if you've happened to know others with fertility issues, your own fate is shrouded in mystery until the moment of "I want a baby NOW."

    I'm hoping your fairy tale ending is right around the corner. Sounds like you are doing everything you can to make this happen, and I hope to cheer you on each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete