Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A little of this, a lot of that

I don't have a whole lot to report as I approach 3dpiui, so this post might be a little random. As I suspected, this first week of "the wait" seems to be flying by (is it really almost Thanksgiving?!?!), which just means I'm trying to stay positive for the second L-O-N-G week of the wait.

I started the progesterone suppositories this morning. I've never had to take a suppository but knew what to expect from Dr Google. Let's just say that my body literally chewed it up and spit it out. It was not pleasant, yet everything I expected it to be. Ugh...

I went to acupuncture again today. This is my fourth time, and I have yet to feel much of a difference. I always leave the office absolutely exhausted. I'm not sure why, but I just want to lay down and take a nap immediately. I'm trying to trust the process and be patient with positive thoughts, but without any tangible evidence it's hard. We'll see what happens after this cycle. I may or may not continue with the acupuncture.

Hubby and I are leaving Thursday morning to head home for Thanksgiving. Since I lost my mom three years ago, we usually spend the holidays with hubby's family (fortunately I get to see friends too because we grew up in the same area). I love his family so I don't mind. Except for the this year. I'm a little anxious about the trip. Hubby has an aunt who is so sweet and always wants the best for everyone but has a tendency to be a little intrusive. I'm preparing myself for the "when are you having kids" question. Usually I just tell people that "it's on our radar" and kind of leave it at that. I'm hoping I'll have the patience to do that this year as well, but I'm afraid I might snap given the stress of this infertility roller coaster I've been dealing with lately. Maybe I'll be in such a turkey-induced coma that it won't bother me!

Happy Turkey Day to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I will be sending you positive vibes with all that you are dealing with this holiday. I hope you have some hope in your heart—b/c you should! Let those prog supps work their magic and put your feet up this week. Wishing you lots of Zen and implantation mojo. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with Thanksgiving this year. I'm sure I'll get a few, "So, any kids?" from people who don't know us at our turkey day (getting so sick of answering that question) but for the most part, everyone will just leave me alone and watch me like a hawk to see if I'm drinking. So of course I will be.

    Blah. I think I'll get my period the next day, which should make it all doubly lovely. I hope those suppositories do the trick and you end your 2ww with some great news!

    ReplyDelete