Monday, November 15, 2010

The Doc knows best?

I went in for monitoring and u/s this morning. The right side still seems to be pretty quiet but the left side has two decent follies - 13mm and 14mm.

My last cycle I started on 75iu for the first five days then the Doc upped it to 112.5iu for the last three days before I triggered. I expected a similar situation this cycle since I responded well last time (4 on the left over 18mm and one on the right). Given the less than stellar performance of my follies this morning I expected to be told to up the dosage tonight and tomorrow before my Wednesday check-in. Nope! I'm supposed to continue with the 75iu and see where things are on Wednesday.

I'm a little frustrated but trying to remember that the Doc has a reason for keeping things low. I was in a meeting when the nurse called so she left me a voice mail. It's too late to call the office back now which means I can't find out the bloodwork numbers. Maybe that has something to do with the continued low dose? Maybe I'm over thinking things (I do have a *tiny* tendency to over think)? Maybe I should just relax and be thankful I have two follies that are progressing? Yeah, that's what I'll (try) to do.

3 comments:

  1. I say Yay for 2 follies! The back and forth and waiting for answers can be so frustrating. Hope your doc gives you some reassurance that you're on the right path, and that IUI follows soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your E2 had a healthy rise and they didn't want you to overstim. In my injects cycles, my follies would always take off once they got to 12mm. Keep the faith, your RE totally knows best. (I'm totally a second-guesser too so I 110% understand your post!!!) Go follies, go!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being thankful for the follies that are progressing sounds good, but I know how hard it is when we wish that everything could be just a little bit better. And then when a cycle is "perfect" we know it's too good to be true.

    We just can't win!

    ReplyDelete