Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A birthday surprise

Today, I turned 34 years old.

I'm an only child so my mom always made a very big deal about my birthday, especially because it's between Christmas and New Year's. She never wanted me to feel shortchanged or neglected because of other holidays. Today was always my day and I got whatever I wanted. I've tried to continue that tradition with Hubby (because really, who doesn't want that?!?!), but his family didn't make as big a deal about birthdays as mine did so it's been a hard sell.

In addition to today being my birthday I'm also 11dpiui. I have a slight obsession with POAS around this time in the 2ww, but told myself I would hold out until New Year's Day (14dpiui) just like the Doc said. I'm not sure why I thought I could do that this cycle. Maybe because we were at my in-laws? Or maybe because I was on vacation and would be so engrossed in a good book I wouldn't think about it?

Regardless, I asked Hubby yesterday if I could buy a test and take it this morning. He told me no, that I had to wait until Saturday, just like I thought he would say. So I pulled out my trump card and reminded him it was my birthday and I'm allowed to get whatever I want on my birthday (there may have been a little whiny voice included in this interaction as well). I told him I just wanted to see if the trigger shot was out of my system but didn't have my hopes up. I think the whiny voice worked, because he reluctantly agreed.

So I woke up at 7:30am this morning and proceeded to POAS at my in-laws. I sat there half awake and saw the single line appear like it always does. Then I saw the faint pink of a second line. I figured it was my imagination willing it to appear (again). I waited another minute and really did see a faint second line! I took the stick into Hubby, woke him up and showed him. He didn't exactly jump with joy, but cautiously said he saw a faint line. I'm still not 100% convinced this isn't a false positive left over from my trigger shot on Dec 17, but for a few minutes this morning I let myself enjoy the best birthday surprise I've ever gotten!

I'm going to try and be a good girl and wait to test again until Saturday morning, but if I'm really honest with myself there will likely be another test tomorrow morning and/or Friday morning. In the meantime, I'm considering my 34th my best year yet!!!

***********

UPDATE: I'm a sucker for POAS. I did it again this morning and still saw two lines...one slightly darker than yesterday. I climbed back into bed and Hubby asked me what the result was. I played dumb and asked what he was talking about. He said, I know you and you took another test, didn't you? I am horrible liar so I told him it's still looking good!!!

2 comments:

  1. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Yip yip yip!!!!!! Best. Birthday. EVER! I am so happy for you!!! And fyi, I took an HPT every single morning until we had our first u/s and saw the sac to remind myself this was really, finally happening. :) Can't wait to read along! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 lines!!! 2 days of 2 lines seems very real to me. I hope this is the start of something wonderful for you!!!

    ReplyDelete