Sunday, December 5, 2010

BFN...I think?

It's 14dpiui and I woke up at 6:30am this morning and POAS - a digital test. I got a big fat NOT PREGNANT (do they really have to put in all caps? I mean come on, I get it!). I can't say I was totally surprised because I haven't really "felt" pregnant. My boobs haven't been sore the last few days even though they are still huge (hubby is loving that!). I've been having some mild cramping but my period hasn't shown up yet. I'm assuming the huge boobs and cramping are all side effects of the progesterone I'm still taking.

I called the Doc and asked the nurse if I should stop the progesterone and she said to come in for a blood test tomorrow morning. I'm 95% certain I know what the results will be, but I'm holding out the slightest bit of hope (probably naive on my part, but a girl can dream, right?). If I look at the positive, the progesterone has seemed to help my short 10-day luteal phase which is encouraging.

Surprisingly, I've been OK today. I think I had myself mentally prepared for a BFN this cycle even though on paper everything was perfect. I didn't even cry this time which is pretty unusual these days. Hubby and I never went back to sleep this morning after the results, we just cuddled and talked about our frustrations. We were pretty lazy most of the day but finally went out for a chilly 4 mile run which was great for both of us. You gotta love those endorphins! We talked about taking a break cycle, but if the timing works out with our holiday travel plans I think we're going to move forward with injects/IUI #3. We're not quite ready to plan for an IVF cycle and since my insurance covers unlimited IUI we're going to keep going with that plan of action.

So unless my blood test comes back with some surprising news tomorrow it's time to move on to the next one (which will be THE one - it would be a great way to start 2011!).

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. Sounds like you have a great game plan if this cycle is a BFN. I'll hope for nothing but the best for you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FU HPT! Do they have to shout it? So rude.

    I'm so sorry about the BFN. Sounds like you are taking it in stride (very impressive!) but still sucks, I know. It's nice that the news came on a Sunday when you could take some time with your hubby to deal with it. I hate when I have to test and then go to work, pretending that I hadn't just finished crying.

    ReplyDelete