Monday, December 13, 2010

Home sweet home

Wow, it's been a full week since I last posted, how did that happen?!? It's been a little crazy, but crazy with typical life details, not too much on the baby-making front.

I went to the Doc last Thursday for day 3 blood work and u/s. Apparently one of the follies on the right side never released so I have a cyst. The Doc wasn't too concerned and said I would likely move forward with this cycle, but he'd be able to tell me for sure once the blood work came back. All numbers came back normal so we moved forward as planned.

Hubby and I had plans to be out of town for the weekend so I mentioned to the Doc that I wouldn't be able to come in for Sunday monitoring. He decided to have me hold off starting the injects until Friday night so I wasn't going four days without monitoring. In hindsight, that was a great decision on his part because Hubby and I got stuck in Chicago Sunday and I had to miss my Monday morning monitoring appointment. I was in a total panic when I realized I was going to miss the appointment (and go four days without monitoring), but my nurse was awesome. She emailed the Doc right away, he said not to worry and enjoy my "snow day". I think they're learning that I tend to get a little panicky when things don't go exactly according to plan. (You'd think by now I'd realize there is a LOT of stuff out of my control, but no, I still want everything to go the way it's supposed to.)

Anyway, Hubby and I were able to visit my aunt and some friends who still live in Chicago. It was a wonderful weekend with lots of laughing, eating, drinking and good times. We even made the best of getting stuck for an extra day and trekked through the blowing snow to watch some football and hang out.

We finally made it home this afternoon without any additional problems. I've got my monitoring appointment tomorrow morning to see how the follies are progressing this cycle. The Doc increased my initial dosage this time to 112 (usually we start at 75 then increase after a few days). Hopefully I've got some good ones growing in there so we can get the IUI in before we leave again for Christmas in Ohio.

I have a feeling the next two weeks are going to fly by. I've got a couple of holiday parties, lots of meetings at work, shopping, baking and baby-making that all needs to get done before next Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad this cycle is a go. It is so stressful I know. BTW - I'm in OH over Christmas too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! What an amazing two weeks are ahead of you. I hope so much that you get a great Christmas present at the end of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And we got stuck at LGA and couldn't fly home until today thanks to that same storm! Eeeeee! Glad you had a great trip and I just know those injects worked some major magic. :) Cannot wait for you to trigger and 2ww and get your Merry Christmas present!!!!!!! Please let this be it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started to type a quick e-mail to you but then realized I don't have your address. Do you mind sending me something and I'll respond? manymanymoons3433@gmail.com. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete