Monday, August 1, 2011

34 week randomness

I've made it past 34 weeks (34w2d today). This feels like such a huge milestone for me, I can't imagine my next milestone - 36 weeks! I had a doctor's appointment last Tuesday and things still seem to be progressing like normal. I had a lot of pelvic pain/pressure and hip pain on Wednesday but I think it was just lots of growing and stretching because it seemed back to normal on Thursday. I didn't think things could stretch anymore, but apparently they can!

I have lots of random things to say so the rest of the post will be bullet points (my favorites!).

• Hubby and I finally figured out a solution for shelves in the nursery/office/guest room. I was able to find a shelf/bookcase thingy at Ik.ea (for $40...score!) that fit exactly in the 12" we have between the crib and the closet door. It couldn't have been more perfect. We trekked out there yesterday and picked it up - along with 25 other things that weren't on the list but we absolutely had to have - and Hubby assembled it last night. It looks great and now I can put all the Woowoo's cute little books and knick knacks on display. We have a few more things to finish in the room and then I'll post some pics.

• Getting dressed in the morning has turned into a circus act, specifically I equate putting on my underwear to the ring toss. My belly is so big it's not comfortable to bend over and put one leg in the underwear and then the other. Sitting on the bed is not ideal because we have a low platform bed that isn't the easiest to stand up from. Going commando (at least on a daily basis) isn't really my style. So I've resorted to holding my panties in my right hand, as close to my foot as I can, and kind of tossing them over my foot without letting go...hoping to get the aim correct. Most days it works, but like any true circus ring toss game, sometimes it takes a few tries. Fortunately Hubby has not witnessed this yet...I fear he would hurt himself from laughing too hard at the sight of his wife trying to put her underwear on:)

• I think I'm keeping The Conta.iner St.ore in business these days. My nesting instinct has taken the form of organizing everything in our apartment. My recent trip included containers to organize our medicine cabinets in the bathroom. Next on the list...the junk drawer!

• I finally met my first IF bloggie friend in person. Last week I had the pleasure of having a very enjoyable lunch with Park Slope Purgatory. She and I both go to the same doctor (thanks to the recommendation of Sienna) and have shared similar IF experiences. It worked out that she was going to be in my neighborhood on a day I was working from home. It was so nice to relax and have a leisurely brunch with her, some of which was focused on babies, but some was just typical girl/lunch chat. I look forward to the next time we get to hang out!

• Next weekend is the annual Naut.ica New York City Tria.thlon. I was signed up to participate in the race this year, but had to defer to next year for obvious reasons. While I can't think of a better reason not to participate in this years race, it's also bittersweet for me. I don't talk about it much here, but I am a triathlete and have participated in over 20 triathlons in the past 7 years. It's a part of my life and makes me who I am. I desperately miss training for a race and feeling the adrenaline rush of what I've just accomplished as I cross the finish line. I've come to terms with not doing the race year because I'll be participating in my own type of race and feeling a totally different type of adrenaline rush in a few short weeks when I meet my Woowoo. Until then, I'll be in Central Park next weekend cheering on all the triathletes who will be swimming, biking and running their way to their own finish line!

5 comments:

  1. 34 weeks- congrats! Glad all is going well.
    I can't wait to see pictures of the nursery.
    The details of your dressing routine, cracked me up :)
    I have all these idea's of things that I need to organize and clean and then I manage to get myself off the recliner and quickly lose motivation. I want my energy and body back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a huge milestone!! You are doing great. Love the ring toss story. Just think what a hit you'll be at the fair next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMFAO - you stole my post. I totally did the ring-toss this morning and thought "damn, this would make a good post" but I can't beat how you described it! :)

    My Hubby does tri's, so I've been a spectator at quite a few - I admire the heck outta you! I've done a couple of biathlons, but am scared of the swim part of a tri. Have fun cheering!

    Congrats on 34w! I know how you feel re: the stretching, but somehow, we do get bigger. Daily. It's mind-boggling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you figured out the nursery, can't wait to see pics!! LOVE your description of getting the underwear on!! SO true!! Someone seriously needs to invent some with buttons on the sides or something to avoid the whole "ring toss" thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post nursery pics when you are done! Glad that you are doing well and the end is coming up! Soo exciting. Baby baker from venting vagina was delivered last month by dr b and dr saltzman both. The latter clocked out and dr b finished the delivery. She said they we're both amazing, I didn't even realize that salesman did deliveries. Thought he was stuck in the imaging office all day. Just an FYI for you. Who are your fav docs in the practice, btw? Just curious. Would love to meet up once your baby is here and you've had time to settle in! Just holler whenever you are ready to venture outside :o)

    ReplyDelete