Friday, August 19, 2011

Um, I think I'm having a baby soon

I just got back from the doctor for my 37 week appointment (technically, I'm 36w6d...but whose counting?!?!).

• Contractions: check
• Head down: check
• Mucus plug gone: check
• Softening cervix: check
• Dilation: check (2cm)

So let me start from my last post a week ago.

Hubby and I were at the beach from last Saturday until Tuesday evening with his mom and sister (also preggo...18 weeks), which was wonderfully relaxing. I'd been having more frequent contractions but nothing to write home about. Wednesday evening Hubby wanted a little action and I was feeling good so we had a little fun. Immediately after I noticed I was spotting. I didn't really think too much of it because it stopped by Thursday morning.

I continued on with my Thursday at work, but had to go to the bathroom a couple of times during the day. This third tri has brought the dreaded preggo constipation so I was a little surprised by this. I was definitely feeling more contractions, but they were still random and sporadic. When I was using the bathroom before going to bed last night I noticed a discharge unlike anything I'd seen before...it was incredibly thick, long and slightly darker color than the typical. Think EWCM but thicker, stringier and not white (sorry, TMI I know).

I woke up twice last night with a nauseous feeling but never actually got sick. Hubby and I got up early this morning and he went for a run while I went for a very slow walk. I had a couple of contractions while on the walk but still random and sporadic.

So, I head to the doctor this morning and tell him all this and he suggests we do an internal to see what's going on. The Woowoo has totally dropped, is in the posterior position (head down), my cervix is softened (he didn't tell me how much I was effaced) and I'm 2cm dilated.

Yes, you read that correctly...I'm 2cm dilated and tomorrow is full term for me. I know things could always stay this way for a while, but the doctor (Doc B for those who know my practice) gave me a 50% chance of delivering before my next appointment which is a week from today. (If it means anything, my mom delivered me 2-1/2 weeks early and I was over 8lbs. Hubby was a week early and close to 9lbs. We breed 'em big and get 'em out early:) )

I was shocked!!! I knew things were happening but didn't think they were happening so rapidly.

So, all the things Hubby and I planned to do this weekend are no longer optional...they will get done. Fortunately, it's lots of little stuff and should be doable.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the overwhelming excitement I'm feeling at meeting my sweet little boy soon...maybe sooner than I had planned:)

7 comments:

  1. I am so so beyond excited for you. You are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You must be sooo excited! If you are nuts like me,z you already know who ison call each day for the upcoming weeks :o) regardless of who ends up delivering you,you are in the best hands with our docs. Can't wait to hear more. Ru still working then? Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK. Soooo, sex it is. Sounds good to me. Thanks for the advice. I gotta get this little squishy moving down. Keep us posted!

    Maybe your WooWoo can have a conversation with my bebe to help assist with my progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome and exciting!!!!! Good luck, Mama, you're going to be amazing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh!! I just got home and can't believe this news. I am so so so excited for you. I hope your Woowoo is safe in your arms very soon. And I can't wait to see a picture!

    ReplyDelete