Friday, August 12, 2011

36 weeks (almost) and a doc update

I'll be 36 weeks tomorrow...yay me:) Even though this isn't full-term, in my mind it's another big milestone. If Woowoo were to make his appearance tomorrow, I'm confident he would be just fine.

I went to the doctor this morning and got to see my little guy again. He has managed to gain over 2lbs in the last 4 weeks. He's up to 6lbs 10oz and in the 74th percentile. I realize the weight can be off 10-20% but wow...he's a big boy already! Everything looks fine and he's progressing normally. He was being a little shy as usual, but we did get to see him practicing his sucking and swallowing for a few minutes. It's was so cute and even got my usually quiet Hubby to laugh and comment how adorable he was:)

They typically don't do an internal until full-term, however I asked for one because of all the lower abdominal pressure I've been having, and Hubby and I are heading to the beach for the next 4 days. I wanted the peace of mind that I would be OK 3+ hours away from home for longer than a day.

The nurse did the Group B strep test (results next week) and Dr. B. did the internal exam. He said the kid has definitely dropped some, but not fully and my cervix is still closed, so he gave me the green light to enjoy a little R&R (as long as Hubby promised to stop every hour on the drive down there so I could stretch my legs and pee...doctor's orders!).

We talked at length about my birth plan and he had no problems with it...yet another reason I love this doc!! He said he's seen all kinds of births and lots of great plans that get derailed; as long as I realize things may not go exactly as I hope, he's fine with my desires for no IV, freedom to move, no epidural, etc. He put it into my file and said once I'm admitted he'll sign an order for a hep lock instead of an IV...woohoo!

I've got weekly appointments now and another ultrasound to check the Woowoo's weight in three weeks. Until then, I'll keep growing my big boy:) 

35w3d belly pic...yes, I did swallow a basketball:)


4 comments:

  1. your bump is so cute :) not long til woowoo is here :)

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this update. So reassuring...yay for no IVs! I'm stoked that they're on board. And we're planning a Hamptons weekend for week 36 (after my exam), too. Great minds...

    And you look FANTASTIC in that bump pic. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're getting so close! And you look great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little baby bump is so cute! So glad that your doctor is A-OK with working with you and your birth plan. Have a great little vacation.

    ReplyDelete