Sunday, August 28, 2011

We're back home

Will was released from the NICU around 1pm yesterday afternoon, just in time for us to bring him home and get him settled in before the hurricane hit the city. Fortunately, all three of us pretty much slept through the worst of it and we never lost power. We had one minor water leak in the bedroom near the window, but because we rent in a condo building it's the buildings problem, not ours!

My anxiety levels have gone down quite a bit since bringing Will back home. We have him eating at least 2oz every 3 hours and he's sleeping really well...so far:) We have a follow-up appointment with the pediatrician tomorrow to check his weight and make sure the jaundice has remained under control since leaving the NICU. Hubby has to go into the office so it will be my first venture out alone with Will.

We also have the baby nurse starting tomorrow. At this point, I think we could probably be OK without her, but I'm hoping she can help me learn how to properly bathe him, how to keep my milk production up (it's been really low which I think contributed to his dehydration) and keep things on a manageable schedule.

I have a labor post and a nursery post started, but wanted to let you all know that we're home safe and sound before posting anything else. Thank you so much for your kind words and all of your support. I've been keeping up with your blogs, just haven't had much time to comment. To those who have had babies...congrats!! I'll post more appropriate comments on your blogs soon:)

These pics are a little blurry, but it's hard to take a picture of a squirmy newborn (and Will is a squirmy guy!).

A happy little guy after filling his tummy

A full tummy, a dry diaper and a clean onesie...it's a good day!

6 comments:

  1. I don't think I've had the chance to say congrats! Glad to hear that you are all back home, that must've been incredibly nerve-wracking. Here's hoping for some smooth sailing for a while. Enjoy the little one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pictures he is a beautiful baby, glad to see he is home now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie-pie! I'm so glad he is home with you and that things were fine w/ the hurricane (was the same for us, too).

    I can't wait to meet him and return your compression socks. Maybe after Smudgie comes (crossed fingers) we can do a play date.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, sweet friend. Will is gorgeous. GORGEOUS!!!

    Re: The bilirubin/jaundice stuff. My heart goes out to you. I had so many breakdowns while Charlie was going thru that. They actually discharged him from the hospital prematurely and we ended up having to put him on at-home lights. OMG, it was so so so hard to see him so uncomfortable and to make sure the machine was on, and he was wrapped up just right....and oh, the stress of the daily trips to the ped for blood draws. :( My heart goes out to you. Know this: They are just being super-duper careful and everything is fine. He's going to be in the normal range soon and someday you will be writing your story on another bloggie's post. We have all of these pics of Charlie in his bili blanket at the hospital and at-home and at the ped, and I look back and remember how hard it was, and think about HOW FAR these babies come and how quickly they bounce back. Trust your docs! Sweet little Will is going to be 100% very very soon!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome little guy! So happy that he is home and doing well. Good luck with your first outting with him alone.... hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cutie!!!! I know I'm late, but Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete