Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quick doc appt update

I had my 27 week growth scan, doc appointment and glucose test this morning. All is well with the Woowoo...he is a big boy measuring in the 85th percentile at 2lbs 13oz. Thankfully his head measurements are right back on track. I still think the last time his numbers were so low was because of bad measuring by the tech (whatever the reason, I'm glad we're back to normal now). Anyway, he's flipped himself to head down. He was breech for so long I wasn't sure he would flip. I realize it's likely he'll still flip around for another month or so, but I'm hoping he learns to like this position:)

I won't know the results of the glucose test until tomorrow morning, but fingers crossed I passed. I hadn't eaten anything since last night so I could drink the nasty orange sugar this morning. It took it's toll. I passed out after the growth scan while the tech was having the doctor review the results. Thankfully Hubby was with me and got a nurse and the doc. They rolled me to my left side and put a cold compress on my forehead. I immediately started feeling better. 10 minutes later I was ready to leave and have my blood drawn. I ate immediately after while waiting to see the doc for my appointment. I was still a little shaky but my blood pressure was normal and the Woowoo was doing gymnastics in my belly so I knew all was good. Scary nonetheless since I've never passed out before.

So basically all is good with the baby and with me and I should just keep doing what I'm doing for another 4 weeks until my next growth scan and doc appt.

On another topic, I had a fabulous time visiting family and at my baby shower this weekend. I'll post all about it in the next few days with some new pics. I will say I have one spoiled (and very loved) little boy!

3 comments:

  1. Wow -- he is a big boy! Good job mama! So scary that you passed out, but glad that everything is alright. At least that test is over! I am so glad that you and your little man were spoiled at the shower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely terrifying that you passed out. I am SO SORRY!!! But so glad hubs and the docs were there to assure you everything was okay. Yip yip yip on the great growth scan and a better u/s tech who didn't freak you out with the head measurements!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, how scary to pass out like that! I'm glad everyone was able to be so attentive. Hooray for great measurements and a healthy (big!) boy :) Good luck with the results today. I'm sure you're just fine.

    ReplyDelete