Monday, June 20, 2011

Baby shower weekend recap

WARNING: As much as I'll try to keep this short, it could get a little wordy. But I'll reward with you pictures at the end if you can make through the whole thing.

I was scheduled on a Thursday evening flight to Ohio. We had storms moving through NY that night and they caused major havoc with all the flights. I had a 3+ hour delay so I used the time to get some work done. Without my mom around anymore, I always stay with my in-laws. By the time they picked me up and we got home it was 2:30am...I was exhausted!

It was great to sleep in Friday morning, but not for too long because I had to finish up the freelance project. At 3pm my MIL and I dropped 6 months worth of work off at Fed-Ex (woohoo!). We then did some shopping and stopped by the shower venue to figure out table arrangements. I picked up Hubby at the airport Friday night (poor guy was stuck working in NY all day while I was shopping with his mom), and we called it a day.

Saturday started with wonderful pedicures with my MIL and two sisters-in-law. I treated as a thank you for all the hard work they put into the baby shower. We had lunch, ran a few more errands and then took naps (one of my sis-in-laws is also pregnant in her first trimester so she's tired all the time). Hubby and I met some of his friends from high school for dinner. When we got back home two of my aunts had arrived (both coming from out of town and staying at the in-laws overnight). I stayed up talking with them for a little while which was great since I don't get to see them often.

Sunday morning was a whirlwind of activity as we all tried to get ready and out of the house in time for the 11am shower. It was an amazing shower! I got to see friends I hadn't seen in a couple of years, some family I only get to see once a year and even a few random guys from college (the shower was at a golf course on a Sunday morning...I was bound to run into someone from college). Hubby stopped by just before it was time to open gifts so he got to help too, which I thought was really cute of him (I definitely scored myself a good man with that one!).

The Woowoo received so many wonderful gifts, both from the registry and some off the registry that were handmade. I still can't get over how generous everyone was. I said a few thank you's at the end and got chocked up (something I rarely do). I wasn't sure I wanted to have a shower at all because I knew it wouldn't be the same without my mom. In hindsight, I'm really happy I did. I made sure and let everyone know their generosity and love are the things that made the shower so worth it. Everyone in the room had known my mom so they understood just how appreciative I was. All in all, it was an amazing day!

Enjoying some family time the night before the shower.


Opening gifts at the shower. Some people had the gifts shipped to us and included an image of what they got us.


These are most of the gifts that were shipped to us (not including the ones we actually received AT the shower)!


5 comments:

  1. The shower sounds amazing. I'm so glad you had a good time and were able to feel close to your mother even though she can't be there with you during this time. And you look gorgeous in those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look AMAZING!!! Sounds like a fantastic weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! You look beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an awesome weekend. You look super cute all knocked up. So happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are rocking the belly, Mama! You look awesome!!!

    What a wonderful weekend. I can't even imagine how emotional that must've been to make that toast and how badly you wanted your Mom there. You are a strong and amazing woman, and you're going to be the best Mom. xoxo

    ReplyDelete