Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Again?

Ugh, I need new bras...again. I bought three new ones pretty early in the pregnancy because the girls were getting too big from all the IF meds. I only went up one cup size, but not a band size (went from a 34B to a 34C). Those three bras have been my life support (literally and figuratively) for the past 6 months or so, but I can't deny that my ribs and torso are expanding now and I need to upsize again.

I had to do a mini strip tease at work about an hour after I got in because I simply could not breathe. Breathing has been a challenge lately anyway because the Woowoo is invading my lung space, but couple that with a too tight bra (even on the loosest hooks) and I was near hyperventilation state. So, off came the bra and I can (kind of) breathe again. Thankfully I have on a maxi dress that doesn't necessarily require a bra, but I would have considered going bra-less even in a t-shirt just to get some relief!

I wanted to hold out on buying new bras until I got closer to the due date and then just buy some nursing bras, but I think my girls have other ideas. I know I really should get measured, but I'm being lazy and would rather order my old standby bras online in a larger size.

Thoughts? Do you think I should try to stick it out until August and buy nursing bras? Get measured and buy one or two properly sized bras to get me through the next 11 weeks? Or order my old standbys online in a bigger size?

5 comments:

  1. I would get measured. When I finally did, my size was different than just going up a size, and I felt much better. Destina.tion Mate.rnity on 57th has a decent selection for around $25 if you don't want to spend a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya! I need to do the same thing. Is the cup size too small as well? If not, could you get bra extenders for the time being? I got a couple and they make a world of difference- for now. I always hear that you'll need all new bras in the last month as that's when the girls hit the major growth spurt, and you should wait until then at least as far as nursing bras are concerned...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, here too. I'm outgrowing everything, especially in the last couple weeks. I can't friggin' stand anything on my waist and need to find some more maxi dresses.

    Bra extenders might get you by for a bit longer (unless you're a dumbass like me and bought front-closing bras). But yeah. Maybe get a little bit bigger instead of a "just right" fit because Lord knows how fast we're growing week to week now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made do w. my prepreg bras until about 23 weeks and then I HAD to buy new ones. Not having giant red welts under my boobs was a big improvement. I had increased two cup sizes (!!!) and one band size. I'm hoping this will last me the next two months, and then I can buy nursing bras.

    I went to Lord & Taylor in midtown. They had someone to measure me and had a big selection of cheapish, underwire free bras. I got two bras for about $40.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How about using bra extender for a few more months? They worked really well for me. I'm normally a 34d but the extender turned my bra into a 38-ish d instead and I was sooo much more comfy.

    ReplyDelete