Thursday, June 9, 2011

A celebration weekend

I am very much looking forward to the weekend which, for me, starts at 5pm today. I'm taking tomorrow and Monday off work to travel home to Ohio for one last family visit and my baby shower on Sunday. I know the Woowoo is going to be spoiled rotten. He is a lucky boy to have such wonderful family and friends that he hasn't even met yet!

My other reason for a weekend of celebration is the (almost) completion of my gigantic freelance project. I haven't gone into any detail on this blog - and I won't for fear of boring you - but the project has been going on since early January. It's a 400+ catalog and I've logged well over 200 hours. It's been a mad dash to the finish the last few days, with a couple of sleepless nights, but I'm hoping to send it to the printer tomorrow. WOOHOO!!!! We are almost two weeks past our deadline, but I'm happy that it should be done before the shower. I'll be able to fully relax and enjoy the weekend without work hanging over my head.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Pheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew on finishing up the freelance stuff. I know how that HANGS over me and I'm so happy you got it all done before the big trip. Enjoy!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you. You must be so relieved to get the freelance project out the door and off your mind.

    Have a great time in OH. I was just there last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete