Monday, June 27, 2011

Holy hormones

Friday after work I finally went to Des.tina.tion Mater.nity and bought some new bras - thanks for all the advice ladies!! I actually bought nursing bras because my cup size has stayed the same over the last 4-5 months. Even if it does go up (which I still think it will), the bras I bought are designed for growth so I think I'll be OK. I also got a couple bra extenders to try and make my existing old faves last a little longer. Finally, I can breathe again or at least as much as the Woowoo will let me!

Hubby met me for a few other errands and then we went home where I proceeded to have a full hormonal meltdown. It was so stupid that it's laughable now, but at the time I was in tears on the bed curled around my preggo pillow. Essentially it came down to the doorman in our building being an inconsiderate idiot and never telling me that my Fed-Ex package from Monday wasn't picked up. I had zero tolerance for his excuses and let him know it. On top of that, Hubby was tired and hungry from a bad a day at work and wasn't exactly helping me, instead impatiently holding the elevator while I berated the doorman. So basically, I went up to our apartment, stormed into the bedroom and cried because the doorman didn't give my package to the Fed-Ex man. See...totally laughable now. It's the first time I've had a completely irrational, hormonal meltdown and Hubby had no clue what to do with me, which made me cry even more.

I eventually pulled myself together and laughed with Hubby about how ridiculous I was being but I couldn't help it. Even though I knew I was being totally nuts, I couldn't stop myself or the tears. I guess I should be thankful this is the first major meltdown I've had, but geez, did it have to be over the doorman and Fed-Ex?!?!?!

4 comments:

  1. Irrational breakdowns are very familiar to me. :) Sometimes I'll even laugh in the middle of them when I realize how stupid it is, but then go right back to crying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had one of those just the other night over something totally ridiculous- my poor husband just didn't know what to do!
    Glad you can breathe again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMFAO!!!! I hear ya!

    Woohoo on be able to breathe again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the new bras worked out and I hope that doorman got your package delivered today!!

    ReplyDelete