Thursday, February 10, 2011

A hangover...without any alcohol?

A hangover? While I'm 9 weeks pregnant? Yep, that's exactly how I felt Tuesday!

Since being on the TTC/infertile journey I haven't partied like I used to in my younger days. At least I thought that was the case until Tuesday afternoon. I was having a typical day, feeling good and getting stuff done at work. After I ate lunch I felt like I was catapulted back to 2004 with one of the infamous weekend hangovers. I was so horribly nauseous with a dizzying headache, my mouth was beyond dry and I was constantly hungry but nothing sounded appetizing. There were a few times  I really thought I was going to have to run to the bathroom, but I somehow held it together. I made it home on the train (wishing I had a plastic bag with me the whole time), made myself eat some dinner and promptly fell asleep for an hour and a half. I woke up feeling like a rock star...almost as though nothing had happened. I actually wondered if I had imagined how horrible I felt a few hours earlier!

So yes, apparently it is possible to have a hangover with having consumed any alcohol!

2 comments:

  1. Yuckage! But awesome to have symptoms! That sweet little baby is partying it up in your ute. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, just one day of the hangover effect? I'm jealous!! LMAO! ;)

    I started saying the little one is holding a rave in there because it made me feel better to think of her/him having fun, even if it meant I felt like ASS. ;)

    Hope you continue to get more Rock Star and less "I partied like a Rock Star."

    ReplyDelete