Tuesday, February 22, 2011

So that's what it feels like

I've heard and read about round ligament pain, but haven't experienced any (that I know of)...until about a half hour ago.

I've had pains, twinges, pulling, stretching, crampiness and general pressure in my lower abdomen from very early on (pretty much from week 5 or so). It was everyday for the first few weeks and then slowly decreased to once or twice a week for a little while. The feelings have been picking up speed again during the last week. I'm 11w3d so I just figured it was more ute adjusting as it starts to move above my pubic bone (according to all the books and Dr. Google this is about the time when things start shifting up).

I was sitting at my computer tonight and got up pretty quickly to walk to Hubby's desk for more printer paper. Once I got to his desk I had a horrible tight pinching sensation on the right side of my abdomen stretching down to the top of my thigh. I sat down on the bed thinking I just got up too quickly. That still didn't help so I actually laid down. A few deep breaths (and anxiety-ridden thoughts that I tried to push away) and the pain thankfully subsided.

I was able to get back up and move about as though nothing happened. I actually wondered if I imagined it because it went away as quickly as it came. It was a really odd and scary sensation I'm going to have to get used to or I'm going to drive myself nutty thinking horrible thoughts every time I feel it. Does the brain of someone whose experienced loss and IF ever stop with the worrying?

No comments:

Post a Comment