Sunday, February 13, 2011

Double digits and a new doc

I hit the 10 week mark yesterday...woohoo! I know that's not necessarily a milestone, but being in the double digits feels good. I had my first OB appointment on Thursday (9w5d) and the Woowoo measured in at 10w0d. Apparently we were both anxious to hit the double digit mark.

After a lot of research, phone calls, and reference requests I was able to get into a very well respected, cutting edge, OB/GYN practice near my apartment. I wasn't really concerned with the location, but the proximity to my apartment and the delivering hospital is an added bonus. I met with my doctor and he was wonderful. I was with him for almost two hours and never felt rushed. He really took his time to talk with me about everything. I think (hope) I'll be an easy patient for him. The practice specializes in high risk and multiples and I'm not either of those. But he didn't seem to mind and treated me with as much as care as I assume he gives to his high risk and multiple moms-to-be.

The cysties are still hanging around, but they have reduced in size (just under 6cm on the left and 7.5cm on the right). He wants them both to be well under 6cm before he'll allow to me start running again, but he thinks that will happen in the next few weeks.

My next appointment is Friday 2/25. I'm scheduled for my NT scan, genetic counseling and then my 12 week OB appointment with one of his colleagues. I can't believe I have to wait a full two weeks to see my little Woowoo again. I've definitely been spoiled with the weekly ultrasounds!

I also started with my pre-natal trainer last week. Um, I need to make a mental note to not go three months without picking up a weight again. Sore is an understatement. It was a good sore though, a sore that I've missed. Fortunately he's certified in pre-natal training so he knows what I should and shouldn't do to make sure the Woowoo is well protected. I'm hoping he'll help me keep my body in check for the next seven months and make my delivery a little easier on my body.

I have a busy week ahead with lots of work (both full time AND freelance), a few dinner plans and training sessions. The three-day weekend coming can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment