Tuesday, July 12, 2011

31w3d

I wouldn't exactly call 31w3d a milestone, but I'm feeling a little uninspired to come up with a more creative title. I think the heat and humidity plaguing NYC today is sucking the life out of me. Thankfully I'm working from home and don't really need to go outside again.

I had a doc appointment this morning to check on the Woowoo's progress. Everything went according to plan. He's doing well - still growing big and strong. He weighed in at 4lbs. 3oz. which puts him in the 61st percentile. Last time he was in the 88th percentile so it seems his growing has slowed a bit, but nothing to worry about.

Physically, I've been doing OK other than a reappearance of the fibroids last week. It was pretty painful and has basically knocked me out for the last week. The doctor said it's not common to have a flare-up this far along, but not unheard of either. Fortunately, it's only painful to me and doesn't affect the Woowoo at all. I'm slowly starting to feel better, but definitely am feeling big in general.

Hubby and I have made a lot of progress on the nursery/office/second bedroom combo. We have the dresser assembled and full of freshly laundered clothes, the crib assembled and ready for the sheet and all the diapers/wipes/toys/etc organized in the closet. I had planned to have Hubby install a couple of shelves to display books and knick knacks, but I don't know if that's going to happen now. Our second bedroom is actually a converted dining room so the walls are temporary. Even though you can't tell from looking, Hubby is concerned about the stability of installing load bearing shelves on a temporary wall. I don't care about stability, I want cute and decorative, damn it! Unfortunately I don't think I'm going to win this battle which means I need to come up with an alternative solution to display "stuff". We don't have room for any other furniture so a small bookshelf is out of the question. Any suggestions?

We attended our first of three birthing classes at the hospital where I'll be delivering. It was informative, but not too overwhelming. I think the next class when she really focuses on the pushing part of labor might get a little scary for me, but we'll see...

So for now we're kind of on auto-pilot, just trying to get things done and letting the Woowoo do his thing in my belly. Speaking of...here is a picture taken last night. I know there is still a lot of growing to do, but I really don't know how my stomach is going to stretch much more!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know how you're handling this heat!

    I am right there with ya as far as decorating. I don't care if the wall comes tumbling down as long as their was a cute picture on it at the time!

    You look super cute in this pic btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on almost-32-weeks!!!! I'm so sorry abt the fibroid pain (UGH) but am glad you are hanging in there and feeling a bit better.

    So exciting on the nursery. I saw this on Pinterest tonight and thought of you. :) Not sure if it would pass hubster's load-bearing test on the wall in the nursery, but just FYI....http://www.flickr.com/photos/12691252@N08/4902318800/.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great! I'm so jealous of your cute "normal sized" belly! With twins, even though we are only 1 day apart I am about 3 or 4 times your size!
    Nursery decorating is so fun, and I totally get how it can be frustrating when you can't do what you'd like! Could you just hang smaller and lighter shelves or cubes that wouldn't have much weight?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your belly is adorable... seriously cute. Mine is no longer cute- its just huge.
    Glad everything looked great at your appt. I have no creative ideas for the wall- hopefully some other wonderful, creative blogger has a burst of inspiration for you!

    ReplyDelete