Monday, July 18, 2011

Surprise...it's a baby shower!

A couple weeks ago two of my girlfriends and I decided to get together for a weekend playdate (one of the girls has a 9-month old that we haven't seen in a couple months). We planned it for yesterday afternoon. To some it might seem odd to plan this weeks in advance, but we all have crazy weekend schedules so it was necessary to make sure we were all available. Little did I know they had other things in mind.

Hubby and I finished up the second of our three birthing classes around 1:30pm yesterday, and I headed to the train to meet my friend to head to the other's apartment. I met her, we got in a cab and went uptown. The doorman at my friend's apartment buzzed us up and as I opened the door to her apartment I heard screaming "surprises" It was awesome (and kind of scared me at first)!! They had gathered a small group of my NY friends and gave me an awesome, intimate and incredibly generous baby shower, topped off with homemade carrot cake - my absolute favorite.

Hubby was in on the little secret and I'm rather surprised (and proud of him) that he didn't let anything slip. I was exhausted when I got home, but couldn't get comfortable enough to take a nap (damn backaches and shortness of breath is starting to really annoy me). So I opted to make a nice dinner for us and go to bed early. All in all, it was a great Woowoo-focused weekend.

6 comments:

  1. wow that was a cool surprise i hope you had loads of fun though!

    shel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! You are a lucky girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Sounds like a great weekend - backaches and shortness of breath aside. I hear ya, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome!!! What beautiful friends, I have the warm fuzzies for you. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww that is really cool! Sounds like a wonderful week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet! I'm so glad you have such nice friends to take care of you and Woowoo like that :)

    ReplyDelete