Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Really? Really?

I've been out of town for the past 10 days on my babymoon. Today is my first day back at work and I was greeted with the comment "Wow, you've really blown up, haven't you?" This from the head of our HR department. How do you respond to that? I was completely taken aback and slightly offended (I say slightly because yes, my belly has gotten bigger, but nothing else). Do people really think it's appropriate to say things like that?!?! Argh...

I'll post soon about my super relaxing babymoon and share some updated pics.

3 comments:

  1. the head of HR made that comment?? must not be very good at his/her job :o) i'm sure they were just referring to your BELLAY and not any of the rest of you! how was the babymoon? relaxing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. People can be so rude. Somehow it seems that when one is pregnant, people can say anything. I mean people would never say that to a non-pregnant woman right? But it seems all the social rules get thrown out when a woman is pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would (er, have) smile and say "yes, I'm quite the cow, thank you very much."

    ReplyDelete