Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day Recap

For the past couple of years I've intentionally ignored Mother's Day. Primarily because I didn't need yet another reminder that I'd lost my mom, but more recently because I wasn't a mom myself...yet.

This year I'm physically different in a good way, but Mother's Day is still a painful reminder of how much I miss my mom, so my plan was treat it as any other typical Sunday...just business as usual. My well-intentioned family and friends didn't let that happen. I received lots of nice texts, cards, gifts, etc. with Happy Mommy-To-Be messages. It was so sweet and thoughtful of them, but mentally I wasn't quite ready to handle all of it.

I graciously accepted all the well-wishes, but it really made me look back and reflect on things. Primarily on how far I've come through the whole IF process (I chose to still ignore Mother's Day when relating to my mom). I realized just how painful it is for those trying for a baby (regardless if it's through natural methods, ART, adoption, etc.) to be surrounded by constant reminders of mommies for an entire day. My heart goes out to all those trying, and please know I was thinking about all of you!

1 comment:

  1. It was a very emotional/sentimental day for me as well. This year is obviously different, but the pain that this day has brought me in the past, and how it affects so many others that are stuggling- weighed heavy on me.

    ReplyDelete