Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Trying to come up for air

It's been a while. I feel guilty for being a bad blogger. But I'm still crazy busy and trying to come up for air occasionally. This is going to be a short post, but hopefully next week will get back to normal for me.

• I'm 15w3d today and definitely starting to show a bit, although I can hide it if I need to (mostly in client meetings).
• I "came out" at work a couple of weeks ago. Everyone has been very supportive, most importantly my boss who asks everyday how I'm feeling. He's been awesome and even suggested I might be able to work at home a few days a week at the end of the maternity leave to ease me back into the work world.
• I have my 16-week appointment and anatomy scan next Monday. We'll get to find out what gender Woowoo is. I think it's a boy and Hubby thinks it's a girl so this should be interesting. In the end, all we want is a healthy baby!
• My in-laws are going to be in town this weekend and get to go with us to the appointment on Monday. Since this is their first grandchild, they are soooo excited. It's been awesome to share all this with them.
• Work has been nutty and non-stop and add the freelance project I have on top of that and I'm averaging 12+ hour days and usually 6-10 hours each weekend. I'm ready for a breather!
• We went on a stroller research mission over the weekend. I thought I knew what I wanted when we started but now I'm more confused than ever. It's a good thing I'm starting this early because there are sooooo many options out there to choose from, but they get narrowed quickly by the fact that we live in a NYC apartment and are spatially challenged (trying to find a crib is going to be interesting, too!).
• I'm still wearing all my regular clothes, but I really think I need to break down and buy some maternity pants soon. I'm currently sitting at my desk with my pants completely unbutttoned and unzipped. The Bel.la Band has been awesome, but if I'm having to actually unzip these days I think I'm reaching my breaking point.

There is a whole lot more I could say, but I need to get back to work. Hopefully I'll be back to my bloggy self next week:)

4 comments:

  1. The Stokke crib is recommended for space challenged apartments. It's expensive, and not everyone likes the circular design, but depending on how space challenged your apartment is you might want to look at it. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaclyn! That one is actually at the top of my list right now because it is so space-friendly. I appreciate the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'm going to be rocking the unbuttoned-with-Bella-band look for quite a while. I start out the day okay, but by the late afternoon my pants are tiiiight.

    So glad you and Woowoo are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm all about the uppababy. i always wanted a bugaboo, but considering that it's not as easy to collapse when you're on your own (whereas the uppababy is), that made up our minds for us. i found the bella band to be claustrophobic, so never wore mine after the first time. there's a tailor on the upper east side (if you ever want his name, just holler) who turns your regular jeans into maternity jeans for you for $50. and then he'll turn them back into regular jeans after your pregnancy. i bought 2 pairs of designer maternity jeans at full price before i found this tailor and i like what he did better than the real thing! enough babble!! soon, we'll be shedding our winter coats, and you'll be obviously preggo. i'm sure you'll fare better on the trains then i have been. i think i have a sign on my forehead that reads "go ahead. piss me off"! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete