Tuesday, August 21, 2012

One Amazing Year

Why hello blog world. We're still here and we have some exciting news...Will turned 1 today!!!!

I really have no clue where the time has gone but my tiny, little, 3-week early peanut is one. I've been a basket of emotions today which is very unlike me. The past year has been full of so many new, exciting, terrifying and amazing things - sometimes all at once - that I guess I shouldn't be surprised I was a little emotional.

Will is growing into a very curious, active, imaginative and (said with a mother's bias) adorable little boy. He's not walking yet, but can furniture walk and army crawl like it's his job. He chatters all the time, although we can only decipher Mama, Dada and Dexter (the cat's name) which sounds like Ecker. He doesn't stop moving and wants to be wherever we are. He is a true water baby and would stay in the pool or ocean all day long if we let him. He still has a fabulous appetite and eats most everything that I give to him. Sleeping...well, that's a post for another day. It's hit or miss depending on his mood.

Because we don't live within a reasonable distance to our family, Will gets TWO birthday parties. We're having one in the city this weekend for his friends and our friends and then we're driving home to Ohio for Labor Day weekend to celebrate with family. Twice the cakes, twice the fun, twice the sugar crash. Oh boy...

Hanging out on the fire trick ride in Central Park

The birthday boy!

4 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY WILL!!!!

    What a sweet little man he's turned into :) Congrats on a wonderful year and enjoy both those birthday parties.

    (I guess this means my little dude is next. Sniffle!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little (big) guy! My daughter just turned one two weeks ago and it's so weird thinking she's reached that milestone. But onward to bigger and better things, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your adorable little man! Time really does fly by. Hope his 2nd birthday is just as fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will is adorable. I meant to say Happy Birthday back when you posted this, but life got away from me. Was wondering how you are post storm. Hope you have power and are warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete